Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dhoni : "1983 World Cup victory is a great motivator"

3 posters

Go down

Dhoni : "1983 World Cup victory is a great motivator" Empty Dhoni : "1983 World Cup victory is a great motivator"

Post  -=[Sportalk]=- Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:34 pm

Dhoni : "1983 World Cup victory is a great motivator"

"All the [Indian] cricketers when we look at that moment of Kapil Dev lifting the World Cup trophy at Lord's, it is a moment we want to achieve again," Dhoni said in Mumbai.

"It is a moral booster, a great motivational point for us. It is one achievement that this team wants to achieve," he said.

Asked what he was doing when Kapil lifted the trophy at Lord's, he replied: "It was having milk. I was two years old then."

Dhoni lead the Indian team to the Twenty20 World Cup triumph last year and he is hoping to lead the team to the 50-over World Cup triumph in 2011.
"We have won the Twenty20 World Cup and we want to win the 50-over version as well. It is a big motivation for us and since we are celebrating [25 years] today," he said.

-=[Sportalk]=-

Back to top Go down

Dhoni : "1983 World Cup victory is a great motivator" Empty Re: Dhoni : "1983 World Cup victory is a great motivator"

Post  kunal Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:51 pm

Winning the world cup in 1983 was a great achievement indeed! Nobody in the world thought India had any chance against the Mighty West Indians led by clive lloyd. I think we really put up a spirited performance that day, even though I wasn't alive to see it!

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Dhoni : "1983 World Cup victory is a great motivator" Empty Re: Dhoni : "1983 World Cup victory is a great motivator"

Post  sportscrazy Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:47 pm

yes no doubt india was on fire but india still have to improve a lot if they want to win the worldcup 2011
i think there is some immaturity shown by the indian team in some of the series but although they are a good team and also favourite for winning the worldcup

best of luck to them

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down