Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USA Mens Volleyball Wins Gold

4 posters

Go down

USA Mens Volleyball Wins Gold Empty USA Mens Volleyball Wins Gold

Post  Tinkleheimer Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:52 pm

I just saw this on CNN. The USA mens volleyball team won gold at the Beijing Olympics today (or yesterday). It really seems like a good comeback after a low of when the coaches father in law was murdered at the games. They came through with the determination. Smile

Tinkleheimer

Back to top Go down

USA Mens Volleyball Wins Gold Empty Re: USA Mens Volleyball Wins Gold

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:37 pm

I didn't get to see more than one (male) volleyball game, but I heard about the tragic murder that was surrounding the event, and I think it's just really inspiring that these guys could go in there and win in a dominating fashion to capture another gold for the USA. I can't even imagine how emotional it was for the coach who had just lost a loved one.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:48 am

Yes I agree! I had that murder in my mind the whole time during the games, that poor guy. At least we got revenge to his death with an amazing gold! Shall his soul rest in peace. I am so happy that their family can at least get away with that shining gold medal.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:34 pm

From the starting itself it was sure that US is going to win the gold in volley ball. But the thing i was quite ammaised was the way the US played in the whole games. By seeing their play style i came to a conclusion that they came to Bejing for only gold , they are not going anything below that like silver or bronze. And they proved that they are the one who really deserved the gold.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Did this happen in beach volleyball or just standard men's indoor volleyball? I did see some indoor volleyball actually, it's scary how fast and hard those guys hit the ball and it's pretty amazing how the defense can react so quickly to set a bump to send the ball up in the air to keep it in play.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down