Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Country is Better, USA or China?

+5
jawlk
Craig
lalit7552
Sims2
Tinkleheimer
9 posters

Go down

Which Country is Better, USA or China? Empty Which Country is Better, USA or China?

Post  Tinkleheimer Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:56 pm

Which country deserves more recognition now that the games are over, United States or China? United States won with the most overall medal count, but China had the most gold in the games. What do you view as more admirable?

Tinkleheimer

Back to top Go down

Which Country is Better, USA or China? Empty Re: Which Country is Better, USA or China?

Post  Sims2 Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:00 pm

Well no country is "better" than the other really. However, it was evident at this games from the medal table that China were more succesful at these games. They also have a great variety of competitive sports, however they'll be looking to strengthen their track and field team ahead of the 2012 Olympics.

Sims2

Back to top Go down

Which Country is Better, USA or China? Empty Re: Which Country is Better, USA or China?

Post  lalit7552 Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:42 pm

Well I think China are becoming more and more professional and they are investing huge amount to build their champions. They have different strategy which helped them to build their talented athelets.

But however China is not able to perform in all kind of category and I hope they will perform much better in next olympic.

lalit7552

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:18 pm

China had so many more participants in the Olympics this year, but I guess it's all proportional, when they are such a large country. Going strictly by gold medals isn't a smart formula to decide who's 'better,' I think scoring gold as 3 points, silver as 2, and bronze as 1 is a little smarter, in which case China barely leads the USA. China also had dozens more gold in judged events than the USA, and in non-judged events it was very close... Maybe a little bias?

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:54 am

Well I'm from the USA and in my opinion I think the USA is in regards to the Olympics. Hopefully we will come out with the most medals acquired. The USA is a great country and we have a amazing record and lineup of Olympic finalists.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:37 pm

i belive China is better than US. They trains their sports persons from the childhood itself. Training starts from the age of 6 or 7. China is famous for hard training from the ancient period itself, take their martial art itself. It was named kung fu, means hard work, very very hard works. They trains hard so get rewarded for it. And lso their players have more discipline than the US people. The difference in way of life make the difference there.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Which Country is Better, USA or China? Empty Which Country is Better, USA or China?

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:53 pm

It's China. It was really breathtaking the way the China had improved When we compare with the last Olympics . At that Olympics they have only around 36 gold but in this olipics they reached above 50 mark. Now tell who is the best.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:01 pm

Craig wrote:China had so many more participants in the Olympics this year, but I guess it's all proportional, when they are such a large country. Going strictly by gold medals isn't a smart formula to decide who's 'better,' I think scoring gold as 3 points, silver as 2, and bronze as 1 is a little smarter, in which case China barely leads the USA. China also had dozens more gold in judged events than the USA, and in non-judged events it was very close... Maybe a little bias?
I am going to have to agree with Craig on this one, the forumla he made was a good way to decide whos 'better', but im happy for china leading to be honest, after all, it was in their home country, but america did put a good effort into making number one.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  kunal Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:11 pm

I really like the US Olympians, but I am highly impressed by the rise of China in the Olympic games. I do not think any other country could have rise as fast as they did. I think this was mainly because of the huge amount of funds invested by the Chinese govt in funding their athletes. Not to mention that they type of govt is best suited for the single minded pursuit of Olympic gold as they are totalitarian in nature.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:23 pm

in my opinion i think china is the best as they have got highest gold medals in the event
the main reason is that chineese people just love to work hard thats why they got success in every field of life

i like their sports

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down