Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoaib Akhtar - Classic player did not get the perfect guidance.

+4
zxlewi
Jani
Cobalt
lalit7552
8 posters

Go down

Shoaib Akhtar - Classic player did not get the perfect guidance. Empty Shoaib Akhtar - Classic player did not get the perfect guidance.

Post  lalit7552 Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:30 pm

This is really bad luck for Pakistan board that they were unable to nourish player like Shoaib Akhtar and never utilied him at full. The fastest bowler of cricket history was under different controversy from the very begining and as a result he did not perform.

If he was the player from Australia or from England than certainly he performed much better than his current status.

Tell me guys what do you think about Shoaib Akhtar and the way Pakistan board handled him

lalit7552

Back to top Go down

Shoaib Akhtar - Classic player did not get the perfect guidance. Empty Re: Shoaib Akhtar - Classic player did not get the perfect guidance.

Post  Cobalt Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:44 pm

I think they should have come down harder sooner personally. Unfortunately, Ahktar was worshipped and he took advantage of that fact. He had an outlandish lifestyle and was always surrounded by controversy both on and off the pitch.

There's no denying the raw talent there, but I think he's wasted much of it and that's what the record books will say. I think the PCB ultimately did as much as the could for him - Whilst nurturing great players is in their interests, pandering to their every whim and forgiving every mistake isn't.
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down

Shoaib Akhtar - Classic player did not get the perfect guidance. Empty Re: Shoaib Akhtar - Classic player did not get the perfect guidance.

Post  Jani Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:49 pm

Yes, Shoaib akhter is very famous here but he also should behave like a professional player and not argue others when they don't agree with him.

He has very big attitude problem I think.

Now the PCB asked him to pay 70 Lac I think...

Jani

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:12 pm

Akthar is one of the most hated player too. His behavior is some times criticized by many. Any way, he plays well and is a good sports man. Rolling Eyes

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:10 pm

According to me he is not really fit for doing group work.i find some time that his manner is not suitable or a player especially not a player in a team.
Some times he lead his team to success, but not always.personally i don't like him but thats just my opinion.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Shoaib Akhtar - Classic player did not get the perfect guidance. Empty Shoaib Akhtar

Post  kunal Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Hehe, Shoaib Akhtar is a maverick, and a useful one at that. The PCB knows that they need him, because everytime he takes the field, he comes up with a match winning performance, though he hardly plays once in six months these days. I am sure he still has a long career ahead.

Last edited by kunal on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Its just more than 40 words.)

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  dragunov Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:23 pm

I agree that use of banned substances should be penalised but perhaps The pakistan board could have find another way to handle the case so that Pakistan would not have lost a good bowler.

dragunov

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:44 pm

Shoib Akhter is one of the most dangrous and stylish fast bowler of cricket world . But his career is full of injuries and other Disceplenary crises & its only just because every one criticised him on his behavoir etc but nobody interested to guide him.

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  -=[Sportalk]=- Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:54 pm

I agree with you. Shoaib Akhtar is a very dangerous bowler and the Pakistan Cricket Board has not handled him correctly. It is just not the Pakistan Cricket Board's faulty, It is also Shoaib Akhtar's fault for taking drugs and not Attending training Sessions.

-=[Sportalk]=-

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down