Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beijing hotels get CHEAPER.... just 16 days to go.

+4
BuckBuck
gscs
artagnan1978
pama
8 posters

Go down

Beijing hotels get CHEAPER.... just 16 days to go. Empty Beijing hotels get CHEAPER.... just 16 days to go.

Post  pama Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:31 pm

It is but a natural consequence... Anything which goes up, comes down.
See for yourself...

A report from China says...

Occupancy rates for the hotel industry in CHINA were lower than
expected in the run-up to the next month's Games, after many hotels more than TRIPPLED their normal rates.

As Beijing's hotels (mostly 3 star rated) try to fill empty rooms, they are lowering the rates to attract atleast domestic tourists.

It is their last-ditch effort to fill the still empty rooms.

People from China.. please give us the real situation.

pama

http://way2millions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Beijing hotels get CHEAPER.... just 16 days to go. Empty Re: Beijing hotels get CHEAPER.... just 16 days to go.

Post  artagnan1978 Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:54 pm

These are good news for those who want to go to China - Beijing for the Olympic Games.

At least the hotels to be cheaper... because I am sure that everything will be very very expensive around there.

Who would want to miss such an event? Every store and every restaurant and every bar will have high prices, I would say they will all at least double their prices.

It does not affect me, as I am not going to be there Wink I will be watching it on TV Smile Stay on Eurosport all day long!
artagnan1978
artagnan1978

http://www.dreamteamgdi.ws

Back to top Go down

Beijing hotels get CHEAPER.... just 16 days to go. Empty Re: Beijing hotels get CHEAPER.... just 16 days to go.

Post  gscs Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:48 pm

I am not from China, sorry for no info.
If I have to chance to travel China for Olympic Games, accommodation is not the main issue. I love back bagging, I can squeeze into a budget hostel. The main point is the games, and also the beautiful travel places.
gscs
gscs

http://www.walletboosters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckBuck Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:45 pm

It is pretty strange they can not fill their hotel rooms. I expected that many tourist would be there already. I hope this does not affect chinese economy in a bad way.
BuckBuck
BuckBuck

Back to top Go down

Post  corleone Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:23 pm

Why do you think they cannot fill their hotel for this Olympic 2008 Games. I think that is not because the Hotel Price, people just scared to go there and watch the games live because the riots occurs recently. They prefer watch it in the TV.

corleone

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckBuck Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:45 pm

corleone wrote:Why do you think they cannot fill their hotel for this Olympic 2008 Games. I think that is not because the Hotel Price, people just scared to go there and watch the games live because the riots occurs recently. They prefer watch it in the TV.

What riots do you have in mind? I can think of any big accdident that happened in china? Except for the earthquake, which is really not a riot. I must be missing something? Suspect
BuckBuck
BuckBuck

Back to top Go down

Post  localhost8080 Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:04 pm

yeah, the earthquake was the last big news to come from china, infact, it was the only news to come from china. they keep everything secret, which isnt a bad thing, but they have a bad record. http://en.beijing2008.cn/ - the english official olympic site has a lot of information about the games, I hope it goes without incident. id kinda like to go to china, i think itd be a cool place, as long as you remember to not talk about politics, which most normal people dont do anyway.
localhost8080
localhost8080

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:34 am

Interesting but China's normally hides as much info as they can. It's government might have something to do with the prices dropping but they are 3 star hotels so how much can you ask for? Either way I don't see it has a problem for those tourists visiting China! Nothing to complain about!
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:45 pm

The Chinese government had paid a lot of attention to the stay of visiters during the olympic seosen. And as a step for this they asked the hotel owners to reduce the cost of hotel stay so that they can attract more visitors. They also give strict instruction that even if they are reducing the cost of stay the type of service and type of stay has to of top quality.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down